If I may be so bold as to add to the incomparable Mama Mick’s list of household rules, here are some that never fail to work in the Hen House:
1. Always Trust Your Mom.
2. There’s no room in a marriage bed for pride. It hogs the mattress and steals all the covers.
3. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
4. Laugh at yourself. Everyone else is already having fun, so you might as well join the party.
5. Learning to say “sorry” fixes nearly everything.
6. It’s way easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission. But I would still recommend you ask permission. All that begging is really bad for your knees.
7. Marriage only works if you are both playing by the same rulebook. Y’all KNOW what rulebook I’m talking about. 🙂
It’s only Tuesday and already it’s been an interesting week. I’m thankful to have spent Saturday with my daughter and Bestie, to have a husband who is patient with my work/insomnia-induced moods and a son who appreciates peace offerings in the form of chocolate chip cookies.
A year ago tomorrow I wrote the little ditty below, hit publish and didn’t tell anyone until about a month later! It was my first post and a toe-dip into a whole new and wonderful world of writing.
Hello friend and thank you for visiting!
As you can see, this site is still being built and will always be a work in progress. Kinda like we all are, right?
What you will eventually read are my “adventures in imperfection” with the intent that your own daily (parenting, partnering, working, surviving, living) mishaps aren’t so bad.
I hope you’ll stop by and…
View original post 549 more words